Saturday, April 24, 2010

+a new world for the weary

"I had a dream last night. I dreamt that I was swmming and the stars up above, directionless and drifting. Somewhere in the dark, were the sirens and the thunder. And around me as I swam, the drifters who'd gone under. Time love. Time love. Time love. It's only a change of time." -Josh Ritter

As I sit here enjoying a lovely little Saturday morning with Sarah at Frothy Monkey during one of the craziest thunderstorms/tornado watches we've had in a while and thinking about what a bad blogger I've been lately. It's dark and rainy and for some reason that feels relaxing. So, let's blog!! :)


What has been going on lately?

My main job has picked up into full-gear. I love the chance to get to help out with Orientation and understanding all the puzzle pieces that need to work out to make the whole experience run smoothly. I am really excited about seeing how all that work gets to pay off for the newest students in just a little over a month. I never thought I'd get this experience so it has made for a very (busy) and fun learning process! And admittedly, much more exciting than just handling convocation :)

My secondary job is a constant plodding along. I'm learning about what mentorship is like day in, day out (ups and downs). I have learned what a blossoming teenager's mood swings are like, and the feeling of accomplishment in teaching someone a new skill. Some days are exhausting and some are energizing, but I guess that's the story of life, isn't it?

So many engagements. So many new jobs. New signing of leases. Awards. I am blessed to have been able to stay in Nashville for this semester to get to share in all the life changes of my friends around me. There is a true comfort in knowing what lies ahead as far as my job and geographic location that makes it so much easier to focus on others. Again, it's just a blessing.

Shandus has got me hooked to ChaLean Extreme and I'm on day 8. I'm loving it and will have to more comprehensively later, but for now, I'm just beginning my 90 day journey... long long way to go!!

Mmmm rainy days. I gotta go keep on enjoying this one. :)

No comments: