Sunday, July 24, 2011
+may you never grow out of the need to outdo yourself
Guess who's running again? Yep, the girl who said she'd never ever ever run again (at least not a race) has been spending the better part of her summer time hours pounding out mileage on the roads in Lawrence. How did this happen? I blame friends who asked me to jog with them. And my iPhone for being too handy and helpful of a device.
Now I have a serious addiction to the sport again.
...Add that to an already-pretty-competitive-by-nature-gal, and what do you get?
Hours of pouring over library books on marathoning and a fairly certain gaze at a November marathon.
Okay, maybe more than fairly certain.
Determined is more like it.
Calculated and scared, that's what I am. But oh, so worth it.
Longer post to follow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment