In the middle of a conversation with one of my students today, I thought to myself, "I am an adult." No wavering and no second guessing. I entered college over 5 years ago, and I am in a professional job. I may still be in graduate school, but I am not just a college student. I have being dealing with heavy issues these past couple of days. Issues that make me wish I had a degree or background in counseling or mental illnesses.
I am exhausted and reliant on caffeine more than I should, but I am living out my purpose and that is my ultimate measure of success. I would not have it any other way. But here are several items that made me feel grown up this month.
![]() |
| 1. Loving black coffee. 2. Getting mail from students I worked with who are now successful post-college. 3. Studying/reading gender theories and 'getting it.' |
![]() |
| 4. Babysitting for three adorable children, feeling at ease and comfortable and not scared. |
![]() |
| 5. Setting big goals, sticking to them, and endurance. |



1 comment:
i am such a proud mom for you:) you're amazing.
Post a Comment