So back in April I decided to get more serious about fitness. I had been going to Belmont's gym and attending Pilates classes and Yoga classes and even the occasional Step class. But, after a while of hearing from a friend named Shandus about how great BeachBody products and programs were, I decided - eh, what can it hurt? BeachBody is the same company that makes the ever-infamous P90X, but I decided to start with ChaLean Extreme.
I'm not going to lie - the site looks way hokey. Too many testimonials, too much energy. I just felt like I was being marketed to. But, despite all the hype, I decided to trust Shandus knew what she was talking about.
I started and made my calendars and changed my eating habits a little bit (but honestly, not that much... I'm so stubborn when it comes to food.) But the couple of changes I made: following the workouts faithfully, eating every 2-3 hours, eating more protein, fruits and veggies and trying (as much as possible) to cut back on just eating carbs all day long (lover of bread right here!).
So as the days progressed, I felt an overwhelming boost of energy. And honestly, that was enough for me. The scale wasn't changing, but I was feeling stronger. I could carry heavier things for longer. I noticed my form in picking up things being better. The little daily boosts of "I'm improving" drove me along. I took the DVDs to Colorado and to Disney World and now to Birmingham. I have made my friends Kelly and LJ do the workouts with me and it's no secret to any of my close friends that I love it and will sell it too!
SOOO I figured I owed a blog posting to all of those who know me well to post my results! Being that I'm 5'0 and not entirely in horrible shape to begin with, these results make me happy, if not drastic :)
Numbers:
Waist: 3 inches lost
Hips: 3 inches lost
Weight: 2 lbs lost (and I sure hope I got a lot of muscle!)
% Body fat: 4% less
Height: Ohhp, still 5'0... don't you wish there was a way to gain or lose height?
Picture:
What's next? Well. I love building muscle. I am eating more OFTEN than ever and just more FOOD than ever. I would like to keep working towards eating better. As far as fitness goes, I am going to do another round of ChaLean extreme to keep working on all the things I've been working on, with maybe even more fun cross-training this time around :)
3 comments:
yay yay yay!!!!!! i'm so proud of you for sticking with the program and doing so well with it! you're an inspiration to your dear abuelita. :) and you lookin' fiiiiiiiine girl.
owww owwww!
can i also say - i love how you are frowning/smiling in the before/after photos. it adds a lot. teehee!
Congrats! That's awesome! I've been looking for a way to "tone up" and this sounds like a great way! Bravo :)
Post a Comment