I can go on and on about how much I adore my graduate school cohort, but today only served to reaffirm that sentiment. Our fabulous community service chair of HESA, Annie, planned for us to do the
Head for the Cure 5K this morning in Lawrence, KS. The race proceeds benefit research on brain cancer. Signing up was right up my alley, and this morning was nothing but fun! I raced at a good pace (24:11) and came in as 8th woman to finish and 3rd for my age group of 20-24. Even more exciting (in my opinion) is that my dear friend Chris also came in 3rd for males 20-24. AND even more exciting than all of that is that Greta finished strong, Maggie finished strong (I believe cutting off 3 or 4 minutes off her PR), and just in general, everyone did well and were optimistic and fun. We celebrated at Wheatfields Bakery post-race. No better way to spend the early morning :)
 |
| World famous KU Higher Ed Grad cohort at the start of the race. |
 |
| Chris and I's medals and certificates. |
 |
| Proud of our medals and our race times! Also, check out my lovely Brooks' Green Silence shoes - they are laced asymmetrically and this is the first time I have tried to run fast in them, and they succeeded :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment