Friday, December 2, 2011

+somewhere, over the rainbow, way up high

With the leg soreness finally subsided, and a new and improved outlook on training and logging mileage, it's time to commit once again--this time, totally different. First, how can I leave Kansas without running a race themed entirely off of the Wizard of Oz? Second, if you remember that picture of the women from my scholarship hall that came to my marathon? They took it upon themselves to set some goals of their own. A couple want to do a 5K, a couple more want to try a half-marathon, and then... wait for it... a handful are contemplating committing to their first marathon! Nothing is better than running a race then helping someone else understand the nuances of training and the day in, day out grind of sticking to a schedule of nutrition and workouts. I cannot wait to update on the training process and how training as a group can make this 2nd time totally unique. The lucky thing about the Oz Marathon? It also has a Half-Marathon and 5K!

Personally, I will be upping the mileage ever so slightly, with two 20-mile runs. I also have the following goals: 1) Run under 4:15. 2) Drink enough water to stay hydrated per day 3) Stretch. Stretch. Stretch. 4) Cross train with purpose - cycling, swimming, etc. 

I will also be roping any and everyone I know to join in. This means YOU if you are reading it. Pick a distance - 3.1, 13.1, or 26.2 and join us for the running party in April!

No comments: