Tuesday, February 21, 2012

+know when to stand or when to sit, can't stand to stand, can't stand to sit

"Love is making it's way back home, love is making it's way back home, love is making it's cold, weary way back home." -Josh Ritter

Well, friends, the time has finally hit - I am stressed about the next step for me professionally. I have felt so good to be able to avoid the stress until this point. February 21st, mark it down. I am nervous and uncertain. But I am lucky to have Devon who keeps pointing me back to God's plan for my life and is a constant prayer warrior. He is encouraging me so greatly and allowed me to gain more focus. Like I mention throughout this blog, I'm not big on transition--it rattles me up quite a bit. I'm a gal who likes to plant somewhere and grow some deep roots. I cannot wait for that to become more of a reality, but for now I need to embrace the season of life that I am currently a part of. I will try to keep my thoughts a bit organized and not let the day-to-day drag me down.

As the panel of new professional said yesterday, this cycle continues forever ("there is nothing new under the sun") and it's better to embrace then to run away in fear. Ultimately, I know that wherever I end up by the end of this year will be right where God wants me to be, and that is comforting and calming. Now if I could only remember that on a more regular basis.

No comments: