Friday, February 24, 2012

+dirt roads and dry land farming may be the death of me, but i can't leave this world behind

"Don't let the pouring rain temper your day by day, don't let the bones the closet may hold get in the way. After a long, dark night, bathe in the morning light. The savior return, the lesson you learn, you'll get it right. This is where we begin. Feels like an ending. Say it with no pretense, I'm tired of pretending. You know the life won't wait, you'll have to make your move. The choices you make, every awful mistake, will try to define you. This will be a totally new year. This will be a totally new year." 
-Matt Pryor


 Steaming hot cups of tea and coffee, refocusing every day on Christ, relationships that fuel my soul, and running for miles and miles and miles. These are the elements of my day.

There is a bit of a spring in my step as of late--not because I know where I'm headed in a couple of months, but because I have lost the need to know. Contradictory to my previous post, I have an eery calm that has settled in. Everything is going to work out just fine. Perhaps not in my timeline, but I know what sort of life I want to live and I know much better how to articulate that now.

In the meantime, I have been loving the depth of friendship that still has yet to be cultivated and still can be cultivated during my time here in Lawrence. I am learning so much from my friends. I am learning so much about Devon still, our distance days are numbered, yes, but that doesn't mean we don't keep getting better at this communication thing. Every day that we talk I feel like we communicate even better. If this is what our relationship can be at a distance, I cannot even begin to imagine how close we'll be when in the same town again.

There you have it. Part 1 and Part 2 of Heather's ramblings on her job search. And oh, how I can't wait or the day I get to explain what that job is. I have found amazing positions in the Nashville area... ones where it's impossible to not see how God has orchestrated things in his timing. God makes it easy to trust Him sometimes. But I'll save that for later. Snap back to reality... Devon visits Kansas this week! There is a spring break ahead of me (last one as a student, for real this time though...) which I believe will take me back to the good state of Minnesota (Minn-eh-soh-tah). My friends are conducting nationwide job searches that I am vicariously living through. I am training for multiple races and coaching some lovely ladies and gents along the way. I still love my schol halls and they are giving me a run for my administrative money (as if that were a phrase). Oh, and then there's taking comprehensive exams and graduating with that baby blue master's hood (!!!). Ramblings ramblings, and end scene.

No comments: