I redesigned the blog this week. I am always redesigning it when I feel like there's enough life change to warrant it.
I also... for the first time in 5 years... changed the title of the blog. There have been lots of times in the past few months (where I feel like a large chapters of my life have ended and where new ones are emerging) that I have felt that maybe this blog, too, should close. But, I love it. I love that when I'm in a down mood, I can read back through the past year, two years, heck, back to the beginning of college, and be moved at how far my life has come in those years - relationships, jobs, events, transformations. So it's staying put. I also have wondered if Devon and I should have a mutual catch-you-up-on-us blogs, but it's not for me. I am me. I am a gal who is constantly comparing myself to others (and I know I shouldn't!) and who needs a little space to just be myself. And compare myself to where I've been. And while I know we'll have a journey of our own, I will never stop being myself. And I want this blog to reflect that .
The rhythm in my life is stabilizing. We made headway on wedding plans, I am learning how to cook, and there is farmer's fresh milk in my fridge.
I still am wrestling with being fully myself. I can blame it on working at my alma mater - a place I grew into the person I am today, but surrounded by people who have seen me through my awkward stages. I can blame it on a need to have others' approval and acceptance. I can blame it on my over-analytical brain or on my lack of self-confidence. But, regardless of where the blame is (points finger at self) it is a reality I'm struggling with and leaning on others to help me navigate.
I am excited to see how this blog change and all the many life changes will intersect. Congratulations readers... this blog has no end in sight!
No comments:
Post a Comment