Thursday, August 2, 2012

+and we've come so far, too far to be so far apart

"Don't let the things you hold on to ever outnumber the things you let go.
Don't let the things you remember ever outnumber the things you live for."
-Josh Ritter, "Tokyo!"

It has been a lovely week and tonight I got to pick up two dear friends from the airport back from their honeymoon. They were so giddy and content - they were finishing each other's sentences, telling story after story of their crazy adventures. The energy they had at the end of a long trip, albeit their honeymoon, was contagious and exciting. The groom lovingly looked at his bride and smiled and it was all just so great to take in- I am so happy to be able to be back in town for moments like this. And there is something about creating new memories that makes me suddenly okay with all that I left behind. I miss people so badly it hurts a lot of days - you cannot recreate that sort of friendship and camaraderie overnight. But there is so much to live for in the here and now - babies and marriages and church and new relationships. I always said it took me 2-3 months to transition... 

No comments: