Sunday, September 23, 2012

+slow it down [and] come back to bed, rest your arms and rest your legs


  • The quarter of a century birthday was fabulous. Simple. Calm. No big hurrah but just how it should be.
  • I survived the dentist and ensuing dental work - I may have sounded like I'd gotten involved in a street altercation, but luckily I didn't get a black eye from it. And it turns out my dentist is hilarious and kind.
  • The week after the longest run in marathon training (20 miles) is always the hardest week to find motivation to run. This past week and the next two are just tapering weeks. Which is heavenly. More time to lift weights, less mornings of waking up early. More relaxation. And a lot of excitement in anticipation of the moment we get on the road to Chicago. 
  • Devon got a new plaid shirt for engagement photos. That is a real sentence in my life lately.
  • We registered for a step stool. For me. To reach high places. We scanned it at Bed Bath and Beyond and then Devon did a little jig and hugged me for being a little person. I hope I remember those details when we're old.






2 comments:

Jordan said...

ai LOVE that you registered for a step-stool...because I will have to do the same...and i currently have 2. that i use all the time.

hlpie said...

hehe thanks Jordan! That's awesome! I felt so silly getting it, but I'm hoping it will come useful :)