Sunday, September 9, 2012

+the new day dawns and I am practicing my purpose once again

"The new day dawns / And I am practicing my purpose once again / It is fresh and it is fruitful if I win / But if I lose / Ooh, I don’t know. / I’ll be tired but I will turn and I will go / Only guessing till I get there then I’ll know / Oh, I will know / All will be well / Even after all the promises you’ve broken to yourself / All will be well / You can ask me how but only time will tell / The winter’s cold / But the snow still lightly settles on the trees / And a mess is still a moment I can seize until I know / That all will be well / Even though sometimes this is hard to tell / And the fight is just as frustrating as hell /All will be well"

-Gabe Dixon Band

The pace has slowed, folks. You don't believe me... but it is true! An 18 mile and 14 mile run this week and a lot of love from the fiancé. Breakfast with the ever lovely Sarah and Kelly the newlywed! Nortons in town and lazy TV watching afternoons. Church and a bachelorette party for Kristin! This week I'm reminded that weather and life and relationships all are a roller coaster. A good, fun roller coaster.

Season 3 of Parenthood came to Netflix so I have been forging through it with Devon, The Grubbs, and by myself. This show always reminds me that family is so much fun. I cannot wait to start building a new one and to continue to connect and reconnect with the one I was born into.

And also - be proud, I have been wedding planning like a good engaged gal should. Figured out wedding favors and Devon set up a catering tasting we registered for nifty, fancy, amazing housewares (ohmygoshsocool!) and I went through a Kelly-made list of things to think about. Progress, folks

I am missing Kansas and grad friends and life as a student. I am still adjusting but I feel poised and rested and ready to be here. And to write vows. And to serve. And to do a good job where I am.

Praises for the progression of time, loving people, and grace. Amazing grace.



No comments: