This morning I ran and ran and ran through the pouring rain, in my super-fly raincoat and running leggings. There is something so ethereal about the sunrise and rain and the feeling of moving my body so quickly so soon after rising from bed. This evening I sipped hot tea with women friends who let me into glimpses of their lives and help me connect the dots in my own. The day was interspersed with connection and coffee and just full on community. I won't lie, it's awkward sometimes, I have to push myself sometimes, sometimes all I want is a day off, but I never, ever regret a day like today. Not a minute of it.
Devon and I realized that we haven't had a non-planned evening since the New Year began. Friday is our first non-planned night. And most of those plans are just hanging out with friends, so we wouldn't have it any other way... ice cream, dinner, church, board games, tea, counseling, planning. Nothing at all to complain about. This introverted girl is realizing how limiting it is to call myself introverted. Being in community is a thing of habit for me. I have to practice it to get good at it. A thing of beauty.
No comments:
Post a Comment