Friday, October 31, 2008

+and sixteen times zero, is still zero

Devon introduced me to a band(?) called the Terrible Twos. It's basically Matthew Pryor (of the Get Up Kids and The New Amsterdams) making a kids-album. He made it with the intent that kids like poppy-current music, not formulaic "what we think kids like" music.

Maybe it's all my work with VBS and Sunday School this summer, or maybe it's just that these songs are really really cute. Regardless, I've listened to the album, "If You Ever See an Owl..." much too much this week.

For example, this is "Grumpy Bug"... sort of a lullaby:

"Grumpy bug, go to sleep. I won't keep you waiting.
Grumpy bug, close your eyes. I've got time, I've got all night.
Wait by your bed, till you drift off. I'll stay next to you til you sleep.
Grumpy bug, will you cry? Watery eyes you're making.
Grumpy bug, kill the lights. I'm not leaving your bedside.
Don't be afraid of the dark.
I'll stay next to you, though you don't see me.
Goodnight, my bug, a kiss and a hug, now go to sleep.
You never mind so I'll sneak inside, watch you breathe
Enjoy this night, your eyes closed tight, you start to dream
The hour is old, and I'll love you so, and I wish you'd sleep
Please go to sleep."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxP2YoaQ4Y0

No comments: