Monday, February 1, 2010

+turn the light out say goonight

I don't think you could avoid talking about the weather if your life depended on it here in Nashville, Tennessee lately! This is my fourth winter here and we have never had a snow like this one. Even in Alabama we were not so lucky in years and years to the best of my knowledge.

So how can I summarize my little snowy weekend? In so many words as: 6 movies, 3 handwritten letters, 2 books, 2 big cups of hot chocolate, a couple of pots of coffee, 1 cup o' tea, 1 masterly engineered cozy fort in my bedroom, 1 half batch of banana bread, many many hours of never leaving my little apartment, 1 snowman named Syd, and two home-cooked meals.

With the extra caution and concern of icy roads and knowing accidents were likely, it was nice to take a breather and just avoid it all. Does anyone else love that nature can act in such a way as to slow all of us down like nothing else is really capable of? I love that sense of power that is bigger than us. I really do. And as much as I think I don't like to be bored, I have really really loved it. 

1 comment:

Mark Cook said...

we had some snow in dallas over christmas and it was quite an amazing experience. there's nothing like having a town put on pause, slowing down, and watching the elements from the other side of the window.