At the lovely age of 22 I realize that maybe I do not have to feel hurt anymore. People come and people go in my life and I should stop taking such ownership over every single friendship-lost. I have, for so long, felt personally responsible daily for any gap in communication or connection in relationships. It is exhausting and has drained my loyal friends of energy I am certain.
But I do not have to feel like it is my fault they are gone. If I did everything I could do. If I said everything I could say. If I cared as much as I can care. There always has to be 2 people to a relationship to make it work. And me being the 1 of the 2 just does not cut it.
Dwelling is hurting you in the now.
Stop blaming yourself, Heather. There's always a reason.
"Loving a person just the way they are, it's no small thing / It takes some time to see things through / Sometimes things change, sometimes we're waiting / we need grace either way. / Hold on to me / I'll hold on to you. / Let's find the beauty of seeing things through. / There's a lot of pain in reaching out and trying / It's a vulnerable place to be / Love and pride can't occupy the same spaces baby / Only one makes you free.... If we go looking for offense, we're going to find it. If we go looking for real love, were going to find it." -Sara Groves
No comments:
Post a Comment