Friday, August 20, 2010

+there's another new world, at the top of the world, for whoever can break through the ice

I am currently under the weather.  So, should be sleeping and not blogging. But laying in my bed counts as resting, right? Good.

Best lesson of my week? I have been thinking small for a long long time. Smaller than I realized. Small scale, small long-term, small perspective, small community, small results. Small is safe. Having small goals and small expectations leads to lots of small victories. And gosh you know how I love those details. I thrive on a small scale and I have been happy and thriving.

But realizing what thinking big is about makes me constantly live in the "I'm Terrified Oh My Gosh" and the "I'm Energized and Empowered." When I tell my supervisor this he just smiles and nods knowingly. It's one thing to think Big and another thing to act Big. And when you have Big resources in a Big place with students who are thinking Big? Big risks. Big picture. Big goals. Big expectations. Big victories. But, being who I am I don't see the lights of "Big Victories" quite as much as I see those of "Big Failure." So it makes sense. Cause I'd rather have a small failure than a big failure.

So, meet the new Kansas-version-Heather: half-scared-senseless, half-energized-like-never-before. :)

1 comment:

melissa-leigh said...

You go get them girl! so proud of you & happy for you!