Tuesday, November 2, 2010

+they say that hope can make you see

        "Sometimes I wish that I could sing or dance or paint or compose symphonies or build cathedrals to somehow express what all of this means to me. I wish I was a priest or a robin or a child or a sunset.
           ‘I rage at my inability to express it all better,’ wrote Monet to a friend. ‘You’d have to use both hands and cover hundreds of canvasses.’ A fountain pen and a blank page seem inadequate to me almost all of the time. Yet they are the tools that have chosen me.

         It is a life lived at attention that I seek, a life in which prayer has woven itself into the very fabric of my days, a life in which prayer has become a constant, as regular as breathing out and breathing in. I do not know for certain that such a thing can ever be true of me." 
-Robert Benson on Prayer

No comments: