Monday, April 4, 2011

+light will guide you home, and ignite your bones

One of the cool parts about my job is that I get to advise a LOT of students. Advising is something I'm learning that is energizing for me - on one hand I want my students to succeed and I advise them as best as I can to allow them to do so. On the other hand, failure is not negative. If an event or an initiative doesn't come to fruition, it is a moment of learning and insight for both of us. One of the groups that I advise in my job is our system-wide hall government. This spring, we had a new programming chair who decided that she wanted to help to create a first annual International Fair for the scholarship hall community. She took it upon herself to truly make the event special. I wanted to share some pictures from the event because I think when all is said and done we both just smiled a big smile knowing that we had helped many residents in our community learn more about countries all over the globe.









1 comment:

Sarah Renée said...

So great!
Haha, of course this is coming from someone who loves pretty much everything international ; )