Friday, August 19, 2011

+we're off to new lands, so hold on to my hands, it's gonna be alright - so stand by the fire, its gonna be alright

Investment and ownership go hand and hand and they are a mighty powerful team. I have the privilege of returning to the same position, in the same hall, for the second year. This is the first time I have lived in the same place for two consecutive years since I was in high school, and it feels so good. All the details of moving and adjusting and resettling have been erased from my schedule and my entire focus and energy has been on relationship building with my staff, my hall executive boards, other grads, other staffs, and my supervisor. I love this time. I love being able to linger with every conversation and not worry too much about the time and the day of the week.

I am invested. I have a strong sense of ownership of my halls. I feel as though this year is just what I needed. I have an amazing staff, they keep me laughing until I cry and I admire their drive, ambition, follow through, and passion. The three governments I advise each are unique in their own way, but each pushes me to be a better advisor, one who is really challenging and stretching those involved to be better and more intentional.

I have butterflies in my stomach as I lie awake here waiting for move-in day. I am so excited. I am thrilled to be able to be here. I have the coolest job.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/efkk45egil/the-best-colleges-to-work-for

No comments: