A post from last Wednesday...
This day was too beautiful to not be outdoors in fresh air... and to be running. A fast-paced six-miler made me feel fresh and new and happy in a way nothing else really can.
Running is still addicting. In case anyone was thinking about how it has been over a month since the marathon and I haven't blogged about running yet. My blog is such a dumping ground of thoughts for me... on my profession, my education, my faith, my friends, my travels, my family. I'm certain it must feel sort of all over the place, but I love it because that is how life is-that is how conversations and relationships are- and that is the human experience as I have know it.
But back to the running. After a race in a big, new city this fall, I'm ready for an homage to a local or at least super-close-to-home year, with a bit more ambitious goals. (Next year you can bet to see me in Minnesota or NYC or Seattle, God and body-willing)
- Music City Marathon in April (Nashville)
- Scenic City 1/2 Marathon in May (Chattanooga)
- Evansville 1/2 Marathon in October (Evansville)
- Harpeth Hall Flying Monkey Marathon in November (Nashville)
That's the 2013 itinerary. I guess you could consider getting married a mini-marathon scheduled for early February, also in Nashville. My other goals are to be more active with the running groups in town like the East Nasty and to perhaps start my own little running club via my job. I also commit to giving CrossFit a try this year at least once during all the training.
There is something about resolutions (albeit I'm making them in November and not on New Years) that gets my heart beating faster. I still am obsessed with each new season and the new comforts it brings. I thought I loved summer most for its warm nights and sunlight til 9pm. I thought I loved the start of fall where a light jacket was needed and the leaves were in the peak of color. But now I'm falling in love with the start of winter and bundling up and using the gear that keeps me cozy and warm except for the tip of my nose. The sun setting at 6pm doesn't bum me out like I always think it should, it just promotes an early bedtime for an earlier run with the promise of a hot shower and a warm cup of coffee at the end of the workout. Not sure what I would do without the constant companion that running has become, but I know I'll keep putting one foot in front of the other as long as I'm able!



No comments:
Post a Comment