Wednesday, November 21, 2012

+God only knows where I'd be without you

 Kristine Neeley may just be my all-time favorite photographer. Always has been and probably always will be. Kristine took beautiful pictures of me and Devon after I left Nashville and headed to Kansas. Every time I look at those images I can't help but be wrapped up in all the emotions that are in Devon and my eyes. We were so uncertain back then, but at the same time totally certain. We had no clue what distance would be like for us, we didn't know if it would work or if it would be our relationship's demise. I got so nervous when Kristine offered to take photos of us and put them on her blog - my mind was reeling with questions of what if we broke up? What if we weren't the couple that was headed towards something more serious? All those questions seem like distant memories. Distance worked, guys. It was rough and there were mountains to climb, but here we are, ready to start. With just two months until our wedding, it all seems a little unreal. So OF COURSE Kristine would be the first person we thought of to take our wedding pictures, and engagement pictures. I giggle thinking how self-conscious I was back in 2010 taking pictures together and shouting to people, "No no we're not engaged..." to now... where I proudly smile in confidence of being Devon's wife. What a wild ride, and I'm still blown away that we haven't really even started as a family (I'm shaking my head in disbelief).

A little "then" and "now" montage (I don't feel like we look all that different 2 1/2 years later):

Then: Standing on Heron Hall's steps, where it all began (and just a minute's walk away from where Devon proposed)
Now: at Gentry's in Franklin, TN and being engaged
Then


Now
Then

Now

Then  
Now 
Then
Now

Then
Now 
Now

No comments: