I forget that time changes not only me but everyone around me too. And that things are never the same. I thought I already learned this lesson, but is seems like I'm going to have to learn it over and over again in my life.
Friends that connected so well with me suddenly fade into people I never would have gotten to know. Instead, I find it like groping in the dark for even conversation. And that saddens me, because there was so much potential.
Devon and I have talked about the word potential so many times and how damaging it can be. 'Potential'.... you have potential, she or he hold a great amount of potential -- so what happens when we don't live up to what someone thought we would be? How about the pressure that puts on a friendship? What about the failure to follow through? So many expectations.
"God, that was strange to see you again, introduced by a friend of a friend - smiled and said yes I think we've met before... i'll write you a postcard, i'll send you the news from the house down the road, from real love. Live though this and you won't look back...There's one thing I want to say so I'll be brave - you were what I wanted, I gave what I gave. I'm not sorry I met you, I'm not sorry it's over, I'm not sorry there's nothing to say. I'm not sorry there's nothing to save."
No comments:
Post a Comment