Saturday, May 2, 2009

+and they carry on like long division

It is so odd to be where I am right now.

My presentation at the Belmont Undergraduate Research Symposium (known by all as BURS) went so well. I have the world's most amazing friends who supported me all week long and came to the presentation. I truly feel confident in my research, the written portion and the presentation portion. I feel like I was able to answer the questions proposed with sufficient confidence and I am actually excited to see the assessment given by the department.

This past week or so has been a wonderful whirlwind that I will not forget for quite some time.

As someone who would like to go into a career dealing with student affairs in a university setting, I was looking forward to Belmont's Student Leadership Banquet. It may help that a lot of my friends are pretty involved and it is great to see them all gathered in one place. This year was particularly fun since have been interning in the Student Affairs office and knew everything that was presenting awards. I love my Thrailkill staff and got to sit with them and goof around with them. I also received a Bruin Award which is cool and all, but I am more happy that I am good friends with everyone that got one. I think that means more somehow.

Speaking of awards, I am so proud of Sarah for winning the Second-Year student award. She is one of my favorite people here at Belmont and I respect her commitment to what she does and love her very dearly as a friend. I am glad that her professors see the caliber of person she is and recognized her. It is also good to see her parents and just be able to celebrate Snorton for once!

This past Sunday night, Devon and I had the chance to go to Mercy Lounge to see one of his favorite bands, Cursive. Man Man was the opener - so ridiculous. The show was great, and it was good for me to finally see Tim Kasher, Devon's musician idol of sorts. We also spent the day time playing tennis. I have not played tennis in some time and I was quite impressed that we had some great rallys going.

My formal was this weekend at Cannery Ballroom. It was very beautiful and a lovely evening. Despite my exhaustion it was nice to see so many of my friends looks so gorgeous and enjoy some food, dancing, and conversation. I cannot believe this is the last time I will be attending a formal for AST and feel strange seeing as how I am not graduating in two weeks like most of the Seniors recognized. Lots of feelings.


The President's Concert last night reminded me why it is so neat to be involved. Michael W. Smith and Mr. Thrailkill, the Beaman Family, and more? I feel like I am being arrogant with all this posting, but it is something to document. I am truly appreciative of all the many blessings that God puts into my life.

So now what is there to say? A rainy Sunday that will lead into a lazy Spring Break reunion dinner and my last sorority meeting of the semester. So much occurs in the final days of any semester. I know that everyone is feeling the burdens that it brings.

This week is some finals, some papers, some dinners, and more importantly and FINALLY, some Time.

I am so proud of Sharon's scores on her Med School tests and am so ready to see my family and the Tsays and the Holladays again soon.

Tomorrow is Death Cab for Cutie and Ra Ra Riot with a couple of sweet girls I have come to love and adore. So here's to the end of the year and an epic post that I'm impressed you actually read!

5 comments:

melissa-leigh said...

ahhh I am so very proud of you, beautiful girl! you're so bright & i'm glad to be your friend. where are you heading next fall that you won't be at belmont?

love you!

Sarah said...

hp:
a. congratulations. on everything. and i'm so glad i got to see most of it...your bruin award and your presentation.
b. i'm so glad that i moved into heron last year and got to spend the last year and a half getting to know you as my r.a. and my friend. and i'm really excited to continue to be your friend even though i won't be your resident any more : (
c. and i'm so glad you got to be there for my award. i still don't think what it really means has sunk in yet.
d. i love you. i can't wait to come back in the fall and visit you in maple.
i hope you have a wonderful summer with erin and kindall in the commons. i can't wait to keep up with you three on your blog. : )

sharon said...

so i was just telling henry that i'm glad you want to work with college stuff when you're done college... cause if not, you would be sorely disappointed with the lack of cool things to do in the real world. :-P hooray for all your adventures! smooches.

Alicia said...

this was epic! and i loved it. :) sooo glad we're friends and you blog more than me. haha.

hlpie said...

to ML - i'll be at belmont in the fall, but not the spring. decemeber grad! :)

thanks for comments lovely friends / sister :)