Friday, May 8, 2009

+lift your head and look out the window

It’s Friday night and I am with dear Kindall Duke at Starbucks. We are studying for our respective finals that are happening at the start of next week and enjoying the company that only laptop computers and a stack of textbooks can provide. Devon and I went to Sam’s Sports Bar and Grill for pizza dinner and I’ll have to admit I didn’t even know it existed before this evening. A short walk down to Hillsboro Village? Yes, please.

My English final went so well today. I am going to miss my American Lit class. It was so good to me – I learned a lot and stayed on top of it. The final wasn’t too hard and Dr. John was one of the best professors I have had at Belmont.

I just ordered a few of my favorite pictures I have taken this semester. Normally I like to be artsy and only print the ones that I have framed well and took the time to have good lighting and focus, but all of the sudden with the nostalgia of friends graduating and being grateful for friends, I ended up ordering mostly pictures of me and friends. Maybe one day I’ll grow up and just like landscapes, but for now, the subjects of my photos will be those that I love and who love me. Philippians 1:3.

You know summer is quickly approaching when the number of cars on campus dwindles and the air is very warm even at 10pm at night. I'm looking forward to another couple of months in Nashville, Tennessee minus the classes and busyness. Bring on the Summer!

1 comment:

mary christine said...

I'm glad you'll be here this summer! :-D