I do not know if this feeling is bound to happen every summer around this time or what, but it's a pretty strong emotion that is inexplicable. It is a strange mix of boredom, apathy, loneliness, frustration, and fear of the unknown that attacks me and just gets me down.
That's what this week has been - me being down. I feel like I have attempted to stay up-beat for those around me and interacting with me, but inside I'm a hurricane. It's not glamorous or fun and a nap has been the only thing appealing to me lately. It's so silly that these emotions come in the midst of glorious friend time--but I've come out the other end so far exhausted and struggling.
Oh dear Lord, give me a renewed sense of energy and love. A second wind is beyond necessary.
"The world through a windshield is careless and cheap. I toss and turn, I can't get to sleep. Counting the hours the day that turn into weeks. I've been wrong, but it's alright. There've been long and lonely nights. I was lost, til I found You. Turn out the light, I'll stay if you want me to." (The New Amsterdams, "Turn Out the Light")
No comments:
Post a Comment