Everytime I read a book I usually dog-ear 3 or 4 pages that have quotes that make me think, make me laugh, or are just plain witty. I just finished reading William Goldman's The Princess Bride, and thought I should share some of those...
"Buttercup dried her tears and began to smile. She took a deep breath, heaved a sigh. It was all part of growing up. You got these little quick passions, you blinked, and they were all gone. You forgave faults, found perfection, fell madly; then the next day the sun came up and it was over. Chalk it up to experience, old girl, and get on with the morning. Buttercup stood, made her bed, changed her clothes, combed her hair, smiled, and burst out again in a fit of weeping. Because there was a limit to just how much you could lie to yourself."
"However, it should be noted, in fairness to all, that (1) he did weep; (2) her eyes did not remain precisely dry; (3) there was more than one embrace; and (4) both parties admitted that, without any qualitfications whatsoever, that they were more than a little glad to see each other. Besides, (5) within a quarter of an hour, they were arguing."
"I'm not trying to make this a downer, understand. I mean, I really do think that love is the best thing in the world, except for cough drops. But I also have to say for the umpty-umpth time, that life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all."
2 comments:
I love this. And you. Also, I miss you. That's all, but I think it's enough. :)
awww i miss you alicia!!!! get back to nashville, already!
Post a Comment