I have a crush on the
Nashville Farmer's Market. I've been twice in two days and I just keep wanting to go back. The farmers are helpful and entertaining, and there's something about biting into a fresh blueberry or peach or snapped pea and knowing the hands that picked it that make the whole experience of eating a lot more satisfying. I am not naive enough to think that my bread and my meat are not quite homemade and I am still learning where they come from and making better choices. One step at a time. I do feel like I am helping by buying locally. I do feel like I am eating healthier by buying locally. I also just really enjoy the whole experience - purchasing to preparing to cooking to eating. I will definately miss it this fall when I move back into a residence hall.
I'll be at the market on 4th of July at 11am for a free veggie sampling and local music. If you'd like to join me let me know! Hooray for locally grown food from sustainable farms that envision sustaining Nashville's food demand one day!





No comments:
Post a Comment