Monday, August 3, 2009

+i'll try for one ray of sunlight to hold in my hand

Ah, my prayer for energy was answered ten-fold. This weekend with Lauren was so perfect. Catching-up conversations feel like what this summer has been all about and while many of them can leave me exhausted, this weekend was not that way. Kindall came along for our kayaking the Harpeth River. Fresh coffee and muffins began our morning and we were off to float/paddle/explore the outdoors (PB&J's packed for lunch of course). We kept mentioning how great the river was - easy, level one, but sometimes the current would carry us, sometimes it would be so still you could take a nap, and sometimes the rapids were choppy and hard to manage. Refreshing and completely contented.

Lately I have been in dire want of cooler weather. I am not unhappy with the heat, but it would have been spectacular to travel that river with the cool wind on my face or with layers of warm clothing wrapped around me. Oh, and can you imagine the trees changing color as scenery? Such a daydream.

I didn't take my camera (which I wholeheartedly regret) but Dad took a couple from our vacation at the beginning of June. They make me quite happy!

No comments: