Wednesday, August 5, 2009

+our plans so big and bright, we'll think about them twice tonight

I guess I'm late on the Steve Moakler bandwagon... he's a musician, and in my class year at Belmont. He plays at local venues all the time, but for some reason I've never given him a significant listen. The other night, when my friend Lauren was in town, we went down to 12th & Porter for his show. I enjoyed myself so much, and have been listening to his music ever since. Check his myspace out!

"Same car, same parking lot. In the park one mile from your house. We make laughter to stop tears, we don't know where to go from here. We come tired from chasing dreams, with you I swear nothing's changed. Though they have come half true, reawake in minor view.

Could it be that easy? I don't know. How many time do you set love free, before you know it's supposed to be? And how long do you wait and see? Before you know to run to me?"

2 comments:

Kristine said...

He's so good! Very similar to Matt Nathanson, I think. Thanks for the suggestion :) Wanna get coffee soon?

hlpie said...

Yea! I'm glad you like it! And yes I would! I actually have some questions to ask you in addition to just hearing about your crazy summer :) I'll be up in the office next Monday and I'll come chat with you then!