Saturday, November 28, 2009

+time grabs you by the wrist; directs you where to go

My "tour" of the south/midwest/ish/areas that has been Fall 2009 has ended...well, almost! I'm sitting here in Birmingham, AL at home on the living room couch. Anticipating another 3 hour trip back to Nashville and then I should be stationary for almost a month, which in this whirlwind of a semester is an epic feat. I think I have reached the point of getting sick of the thought of driving (however, all of it has been more than worth it). I loved that visiting Beth and Drew in Lousiville these past couple of days brought much cooler weather. I want it to get really cold - then I can believe that it is time for Advent once again.

These next couple of weeks I'm planning on being full of friends and food and work, but seeing as how I have never had a semester where I have graduated, I have no clue what to expect. I DO know that I love buying things for the new apartment. I love it even MORE when people have random household things to give me that they do not need like toasters and tables and vacuums and old pots and pans. I am so excited that my apartment will be a mixture of old and new and temporary and permanent. Who knew that one day I would own things like can openers and colanders and mixing bowls and apple corers? I feel grown up simply because of these things! Ha!

Tomorrow marks the first day of the traditional Advent season. I am so excited to spend this time preparing for Christ's birth. Each day will be it's very own journey until December 25th. Prayers prayers prayers.

"Hey man, do you think we'll ever get back home? Well I guess we choose our battles one by one. How I need rest, one more day of travel on the road. How we've been blessed, some times I don't feel that way. Nothing's gonna change my mind, I'm walkin' a different highway, nothing's gonna change my mind, I'm travelin a different line. Oh, nothing's gonna change my mind, you'll find what you need if you want it. Nothing's gonna change my mind, I'll find mine. Brothers yes I know I'm up and down. Please, try to accept apologies for the sadness I've found. The years we've spent - nothing short of grateful for our trip and those we've met. Nothing short of thankful." -The Avett Brothers

No comments: