Tuesday, December 15, 2009

+nobody said it was easy. oh it's such a shame for us to part.

A blog of questions!! (appropriate for this time of year I feel):

Will I ever use my backpack for school again?
I mean, in graduate school is it acceptable to use backpacks still?
Or do you end up getting professional bags?
Or do you just not have to bring your books to school?

Oh, will I even get into grad school? I just submitted my final applications.
What if they don't like me?
What if I'm too short? (Okay, not a realistic question, but I do wonder it.)

What will it be like to have a diploma in a couple of days?
Do you have to buy a fancy frame for it?
Do you have to hang it up?

Why didn't I think about the fact it would be weird to graduate early?
Why didn't I think about the fact it would be weird to graduate in December?
Why didn't I study abroad?
Why am I always in such a rush?

Why am I so sad to not be an R.A. anymore?
Shouldn't three years be more than enough?
Will I ever have alcohol, candles, or boys in my apartment without feeling like it's against the rules?

How do you say goodbye to friends even if you will see them again?
How do you say goodbye to friends who you may never see again?

What will tomorrow feel like?
Why did yesterday feel so different than today?

"Nobody said it was easy. No one ever said it would be this hard. Oh, take me back to the start." -Coldplay

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Bag? I bought this beauty:

http://www.patagonia.com/web/us/product/half-mass-messenger-bag?slc=en_US&sct=US&p=48274-0-685

and I haven't ever looked back - it carried me through grad school and comes to work with me everyday too.

Yes to the alcohol, candles, and boys. It'll become normal after awhile.

You're not going anywhere and I think that's the most beautiful part of the next season in your life. You get to be here without the same obligations and new capacities of old ones. It's like the best of both worlds, minus the whole having residents thing.

I think you're right where you need to be. Not early... just now.

Amanda Nally said...

Jim still uses his backpack in grad school. I think that's completely normal. You should probably take your books with you.

You don't have to buy a fancy frame. Mine's still in the little holder they gave me. The fancy frames are expensive! I have it propped up in my office, but would hang it up if it had a frame.

Alcohol, candles, and boys all become a normal part of life if you want to use or have any of those.

The goodbyes are hard. I won't lie. It's still not any easier a year and a half after graduation to think about all the wonderful people I don't see anymore... You just have to figure out what and who your priorities are. Those you want to keep in touch with, you most likely will...

Hang in there. Every day is a new exciting adventure. Don't spend your life looking back at what you had - you might miss blessings that God is putting in front of you.