Wednesday, February 24, 2010

+this is real long distance, a real long distance call

Indiana University was fabulous! As was seeing the IUPUI campus in Indianapolis and the DePauw University campus in Greencastle. And visiting my Sister and Brother-in-Law in Louisville. Gosh, just thinking about all that travel and interaction reminds me of how tired I am and how much the weekend felt like camp! Non-stop conversations with fellow interviewees / grad-school candidates, current IU grad students in the HESA (Higher Education/Student Affairs) program, Faculty, Staff, Alum, current students, and of course trying to keep people back home updated was a whirlwind! It was a nice change of pace from my work life, but I couldn't have been happier to cuddle up into my warm bed Saturday night and set no alarms.

I am excited about the opportunities at IU and the new friends I found there. But naturally, it just leaves me all the more curious and excited to head to Lawrence, KS at the end of March to see the difference and similarities in the programs at IU and KU. The buzz word in the program seems to be "fit." Finding your fit. Do you feel like you fit? etc.... so keeping with their terminology, I'm excited to see where I fit better. This part? Feels just like undergrad, in a good way :)

Either way, I'm prepared to be purchasing snowy-weather-gosh-it's-freezing-all-the-time/real winter clothing/shoes/socks/hats/gloves.

That's about all that is new lately. Our spring break is in about a week and a half. I'm headed home to Birmingham for the weekend, and then, seeing as how I am no longer a student, will be returning back to work for the week :)

Currently I am craving a very good concert or very good old movie. Feel free to suggest either :)
Also, Devon mentioned that there will be a new Josh Ritter album and new The National album in May? Oh goodness! I can't wait!

3 comments:

sharon said...

so when will you be in birmingham???? :)

hlpie said...

Next weekend!
Like March 5-7.
Need help moving!?!

sharon said...

we don't move til the 12th, but i'd love to see you. :)