Sunday, April 8, 2012

+the crickets all leapt up and met the moon in a standing ovation

This week has been sleep deprived, full of nerves, and full of absolute joy! So good to catch up with old, dear friends, and to celebrate with new friends. And if I thought dating at a distance was rough, being engaged at a distance is even rougher. All the stories and excitement, but not getting to look Devon in the eyes is hard! Luckily, we have gmail for long catch ups when we don't have time, google docs for starting the wedding guest invite list, and phones that help us to not skip a beat. And these words keep me calm:

"...And thank you for being low key with planning.  I think our number one goal should be enjoying this process.  Because it's gonna be stressful, we'll probably argue about stuff, and fold our arms from time to time.  But I never want to stop focusing on the fact that WE'RE GETTING MARRIED." -DN

My mental image of "folding our arms from time to time" makes me giggle. But he's right. I'm sure it will happen.

But for now... there are BIGGER fish to fry - my Master's comprehensive exam is this Friday. So I will be putting my pinterest  planning thoughts on the shelf and get ready for my biggest academic challenge to date. Cheers!

No comments: