Saturday, April 7, 2012

+would you let me see the world, behind your eyes

A month without blogging is such an anomaly for me. But this month has been jam-packed with goodness. Since last I posted, I have celebrated a couple of great march madness tournament games with everyone here in Lawrence (rockchalk!), I have flown to Nashville to interview for my first professional job, and I have become an engaged lady. Whoever named it March madness or who coined the term April Fools needs a pat on the back - that is just what they are!

I have been engaged for just 5 days now and each day I still am surprised to see a ring on my left hand. I am so blessed to have Devon in my life and even more blessed that I get to call him my Husband (I'd be lying if I didn't say the word fiance is pretty fun too!)

I have never been a HUGE fan of gals who post their every life story detail online- an abbreviated version and pictures is more my style.

The story:

Heather flies into town for job interview.
Devon connects up to walk around Belmont's campus.
They sit in a gazebo on the main quad.
Devon asks Heather to be his wife.
Heather says, "of course of course of course!"
The end!

And photos. The quality is a little lacking - they were iPhone photos at 10:30 or so at night - oh well! :)

A couple of moments afterwards. All tears and smiles!

Documenting the gazebo. Oh, sweet wonderful Belmont!


Kelly & Drew found us! So happy, so goofy.
A day of blissful planning and talking and tearing up with Kelly. So thankful for time together!

Upon arriving back in Lawrence, KS, my lady friends threw me a little shindig with champagne, flowers, notes, cookies, and magazines :)

No comments: