"Blesssed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!" sang the people of Jerusalem.
Palm Sunday is today. The height of Jesus' ministry. The moment when there was a connection between humanity and God about the magnitude of the time in history. The realization that perhaps Jesus was who he said he was and that the people were privileged to be in his presence. Can you imagine? Jesus coming to town on a donkey and being able to sing Him praises directly - to look into His eyes and be humbled?
I wonder if Jesus swelled with pride that day. Even just a little bit? I know He didn't. I believe that He was sitting there, broken for people, focusing on the lives and souls that were surrounding Him. He may have acknowledged the praise, but he certainly did not need it. Jesus wept for the city of Jerusalem. Oh, that I might be so humble!
Understanding the cost of Christianity.
It is so much bigger than I used to make it.
The modern day version makes my stomach hurt.
God desires something so much more intimate.
He desires something that we can't put on the back-burner.
He desires every moment to be filled with His presence.
I have very ugly moments.
Moments that I would not care for my Creator to acknowledge.
However, when He does, it makes my life so much more manageable.
It is so much easier to shove God into the holes of my schedule.
It is so easy to place Him into a two hour gap on Sunday
and an hour long gap during a weekday Bible study.
But God deserves so much more of me.
Breathing should become an act of worship.
I should ache to come before God daily
knowing he can take my feet and guide my next step.
Every day.
I have nothing to worry about with consistently seeking God.
Oh Lord, I wish I was there that day. That Palm Sunday. That day in Jerusalem. Keep me focused on the Glory of your ministry. Please prepare me for this week of remembrance. Allow me to weep and to understand what this coming Friday means for my life. Thou and thou only, first in my heart. Amen.
2 comments:
YES! Thank you, Heather! This is so so relevant and true and hits the nail right on the head. I have ugly moments too. Lots. And I also wish I was there that day. I feel like it would've made it easier to not ignore Him, but the people there did too... Everyone has their battles. Love you. Let's remember together this week.
YAY JESUS!
Post a Comment