Sunday, October 11, 2009

+and i wish they fit into the plan

My camera has been unusually attached to my hip lately, and wonderful festively fall things have been occuring. This weekend, in addition to Disco is Dead and a coffee-shop birthday party, it has been Habitat for Humanity, Maple's Fall Festival, the Andrew Bird concert at the Ryman and a 5th floor study party. Enough to keep me busy, but enjoy the little hot chocolate-sitting-on-the-porch-with-Devon or the lunch with Taylor or the hour of reading for fun.

This semester continues to puzzle me, grow me, and stretch me. I think I have been varying between exhausted, excited, engaged, and overwhelmed. And I love it all. Thank God that life is a process and that I'll never figure it out. And I thank him deeply for friends - because we all need each other.

"To lend each other a hand when we're falling. Perhaps that's the only work that matters in the end." -from "Telling Secrets" by Buechner

No comments: