Friday, October 30, 2009

+i just want you near me like you are now for good

"You have taught us that in returning and rest we shall be saved, in quietness and confidence we shall be strengthened: By Your Spirit life us to Your presence, where we may be still and know that You are God." - from The Prayer for Quiet ConfidenceIf you know me at all it is easy to know how precious my mornings are to me. This week they have transformed into even more precious with the addition of Robert Benson's words and my full attention to them. I am in the midst of one of the busiest seasons of my life and yet I am walking with Christ which might be the shakiest feeling and the sturdiest foundation... I love ironies. I felt very compelled to have my own Lord's supper this morning, and since the chapel was locked, it seemed appropriate to partake in God's great out of doors. I do not say this to brag or boast my spirituality, but because I want to encourage whoever it is that reads my blogs these days that God is God no matter where or what time of day. I sat in the middle of a dew covered patch of grass with leaves and acorns assailing my head and personally remembered why in the world I even am allowed to be alive. I have been on the verge of tears at the magnitude of that last sentence more times this week than I can count and I am blessed to be surrounded by people who support my journey with Christ and encourage me to go further and deeper."The fact remains that we are invited to forget ourselves on purprose, cast away our awful solemnity to the wind and join the general Dance." -Thomas Merton

No comments: