Wednesday, October 14, 2009

+please take a long hard look through your textbook because i'm history

I still cannot get over the idea that we decided we wanted to go to all these places in our less-than-five day fall break and how perfectly they all lined up. I am looking forward to genuine friends and family who are preparing for us as we drive to them. Even if it is rainy and gross, I have a feeling we're still going to have a wonderful time. I have an early breakfast and day with IU masters students and the chance to explore the campus and to see my old boss, Kara. It has been a while since my last road trip and I'm so ready to explore again! I will report promptly upon my return. But until then... Happy Fall Break!

"Even when we have no idea of seeking it, I think various things can make us fleetingly aware of [God's] presence - a work of art, beauty, sometimes sorrow or joy, sometimes just the quality of a moment that apparently has nothing special about it at all like the sound of water over stones in a stream or sitting alone with your feet up at the end of a hard day. What deadens us most to God's presence within us, I think, is the inner dialogue that we are continuously engaged in with ourselves, the endless chatter of human thought." -More from Buechner

No comments: